Below you find instructions installing ScenarioTools via an Eclipse Update Site.
Java JRE 6 or higher
Eclipse Luna Modeling Tools (4.4) (download from the Eclipse download page).
Graphviz 2.28.0 for PDF-Export (You may have to set the PAHT variable manually)
(The installation process described below will install all dependencies.)
Installation via the Update Site
- Install and start the Eclipse workbench
- Select “Help” -> “Install New Software”
- Click “Add…” and enter the following URL: https://bitbucket.org/jgreenyer/scenariotools/src/master/updatesite
- Select the features as indicated in the screenshot below:
- click “Next” and drive the installation to completion.
After the installation, you will be asked to restart the workbench. You have now successfully Installed ScenarioTools.
Import examples provided with the ScenarioTools installation
There are some example projects provided with the ScenarioTools installation. These projects are also installed in the form of plug-ins that we will have to import into the workspace.
- Open the Plug-Ins View (go to “Window”->”Open Perspective”->”Other…” and select “Plug-in Development” and press “OK”; Select the “Plug-ins” tab)
- The plug-ins called “org.scenariotools.msd.example.*” are example projects that you can import. To do this, right-click for example on “org.scenariotools.msd.example.railcab” and select “Import As”->”Source Project”. The project should now show up in your Package- or Project Explorer.
Opening a UML Model
The example projects contain UML models, usually located in a “model” subdirectory. Open e.g. “railcab.di” to open the UML model using the Papyrus editor. Open the Papyrus “Model Explorer” View (open as described above or switch to the Papyrus Perspective) to browse the model tree structure. In this structure, you will find packages that contain classes and collaborations. The collaborations contain the MSDs. From the “Model Explorer” View, you can open the corresponding diagrams in the diagram editor.
Starting a Simulation
[description will be completed soon.]